Not too long after I returned from Wyoming, I woke up at 2 AM one morning to an immense amount of pain. After four hours, I couldn't stand it any longer, so Darrell took me to the ER. It didn't take them too long to figure out the culprit: my gallbladder and some trapped gall bladder stones. Since my liver was elevated, the doctor wanted to schedule surgery when the GI surgeon could be there as well to take care of the stones that were trapped in a tube that connects the gallbladder and the liver. Since the GI surgeon wasn't available on Thursday, I had surgery Friday morning. So one doctor removed my gallbladder through four areas in my tummy, and the other doctor used a scope down my throat to remove the floating stones. I am glad I only have to go through this once!!
In my "drug" induced state, Darrell had fun with my iPhone. I don't recall much about this first picture since it was right after I was taken back to my room from recovery. I think he got pretty good at using my iPhone though!
These are called intermittent pneumatic compression devices.
The are basically little leg pumps to prevent blood clots after surgery.
Good thing I had a pedicure while I was in Sheridan! :0)
Two nights and three days later, I was back home to recover. Thanks for the flowers, balloons, cards, texts, and well wishes for a speedy recovery!!
No comments:
Post a Comment