Massage and Mongo's Grill :0)
I had a 90 minute massage scheduled at the Minnesota School of Business today as did my friend, Barb. We decided to travel there together and then have lunch afterwards. First of all, the massages are always free!! However, once in awhile, there can be last minute cancellation, so it's not too much fun to drive all the way there just to find out that your massage therapist hasn't shown up! This is exactly what happened to Barb today ):, so I am already undressed to my comfort level :) and under the sheets, when I look up to see Barb in my face trying to scare me. She had to come and get my car keys since I drove, and she needed to waste 90 minutes. Once that was taken care of, it turned out to be a wonderful massage. Meanwhile, Barb went and did a little bit of shopping.
After my massage, we headed to one of our favorite places to eat, Mongo's Grill. You get to choose your own vegetables, meats, spices, noodles, oils, etc... and watch the "grill masters" stir fry your creation. It is always so yummy, but today there was a twist. We had a buy one/get one 50% off coupon, but you had to purchase two beverages. Our meal was great, as always, but when the bill came and we looked at it, we realized that we actually were going to end up paying more than what the coupon was worth. Since we usually drink water when we go there, the two sodas were more expensive than taking 50% off one of the meals. Apparently, it's a better deal when you use the coupon at dinner than at lunch. At least we got a good laugh out of the situation!! :0)
Another interesting occurrence at lunch involved the guy sitting in the booth behind us. He was talking rather loudly and spent a great deal of time talking about being in Gambler's Anonymous. He had many stories to tell about that experience, but then he started talking about drugs. I was facing him and could see him animatedly describing the drugs to the person with him. I couldn't believe it!! He said that he wouldn't want to "do crystal meth as it just makes you crazy, but heroin is good to do because it just gives you such a sense of peace, and you feel like nothing in the world matters. It's my personal preference since it eventually destroys your pleasure receptors."
When Barb heard that part, she promptly replied, "I am glad my pleasure receptor is chocolate!!" I wish I was as quick-witted as her!
Mongo's Grill
My creation :)
Our bill and two sodas...not such a good deal!!
No comments:
Post a Comment