I keep things quite interesting around our house when it comes to using something mechanical. So...Darrell got a fancy new Honda lawn mower in May. You know how it goes with men and their toys...so I haven't had a chance to use it myself (even though I mowed the lawn 80% of the time last summer)!!
Today was finally the day that Darrell had time to give me the "Honda Lawn Mowing Tutorial 101." It was a nice afternoon weather-wise, so I put on a tank top and my sunglasses and was ready for my tutorial from Darrell all the while thinking, "How hard/different can this new lawn mower really be?" I should add that when Darrell briefly showed me the thumb propelled unit in June, I took off running behind the mower, ran it into the shed, and hit the fertilizer spreader causing the orange wheels to go flying into the air. Darrell ended up laughing his butt off; of course, Darrell had to tell my dad this story and told me to wait to mow the lawn until he had a chance to go through things with me. (In my birthday card from my parents, my dad even had to rub it in a little by adding this message..."I'm sure you will be running with your choke out. If you have some extra time, you might grab a hold of the lawn mower and jog around the yard." Ha, ha, dad!!
All was going well. I was mowing right along. (Even Heidi and Luke stopped by to say hello in Luke's new tractor.) A large cloud moved into the area, and I felt a few raindrops, but to the right of the cloud, the sun was still shining. I thought that I would be able to finish mowing despite a few raindrops. Boy, was I wrong!! It turned out to be quite the cloud burst, and down came the rain!! Darrell ran out and told me to quit mowing. At this point, I am thinking why not finish...I am already wet??!!
Well, after the heavy rain fell, I resumed mowing in the light rain, and by the time that I finished, I looked like I could have entered myself into a wet T-shirt competition!! Darrell brought me some towels and a dry T-shirt and proceeded to thank me for my efforts but really what he wanted to say was that I am living up to my Polish heritage. I am sure he'll be sharing this story with my father in the near future!!
Evidence of my lawn mowing adventure today
The finished product!!
I thought that I would also show these nice window boxes that Darrell made.
Sean always blames my "Type A" personality on that type of stuff!
ReplyDelete