Tuesday was our annual donut making day. My mom, Rachel, and I have had this tradition for many years. When we were kids growing up, my mom used to make homemade donuts occasionally for the six kids, and as we became adults and realized the importance of family traditions, we started writing down some of our favorite recipes. Ever since I moved to Minnesota, every summer the three of us gather to make mom's donuts. This year my dad asked us to double the recipe (as many family members were going to be stopping over throughout the day), so Rachel and I looked at the many donuts as they were being made and shouted, "HOLY DONUTS!!!!" My mom got a big kick out of it, and then we decided that we should start our own donut making business by the same title. :) This day is always A LOT of fun; as usual there is always a lot of laughter too!!
Here we are hard at work...:0)
Mom is the "dough roller."
Rach and grandma cut out the donuts and donut holes.
I am the official "donut fryer."
Donuts in progress...really, grandpa, did we need a double batch??!! These are only part of them....
I am also the dishwasher.
Grandpa gets the first donut as he is the official taste tester!!
JJ, the beggar
Dakota, the supervisor
The finished product (glazed & sugar)....yum!!!!!!!!!
On Monday, Darrell, my dad, Eric, and Timmy went to the mountains for the day, so my mom and I went to lunch and shopping. :0)
After our donut making adventure, we cleaned up, had dinner, and headed to the Wyo Theater for the Craft Brothers. They are a tradition during rodeo week, so we couldn't miss it. :0) They are three very talented brothers that perform a music and comedy show. They played at Eric & Jessica's wedding as they are good friends with the youngest Craft brother, JT. It's always such a fun time when we go see them. The picture is not great as you can't take pictures during their performance (especially last night as they were filming a live DVD performance), but I was able to snap this one picture at the end. As you can see, we are having a great time on our vacation!! :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment