I couldn't have been luckier as we have had many wonderful years together, and I still look forward to growing old with him. On June 10, 1995, we had a fantastic day with our families and friends and a blast at our Polish wedding reception. We still reminisce about the "broom" dance. It was fun to introduce Darrell's side of the family and his Minnesotan friends to my family's Polish traditions and as my dad would say, "How we do things out here in the West."
While I am reminiscing about our 16 years together, I also found some pictures of our honeymoon. We stayed at a resort on Flathead Lake near Glacier National Park. We did a lot of golfing in beautiful settings as shown below. That's me on one of the tees. :)
God has richly blessed our lives!
This is us 16 years later. Don't mind the not-so-great picture as it was taken by me on my cell phone after we enjoyed our anniversary dinner. 16 years later and I have shorter hair but the same blue eyes, and Darrell has much smaller glasses. :) A shout out to some of my family members who have recently celebrated milestone anniversaries...Mom & Dad (55 years on June 2), Bob & Debbie (30 years on Feb. 14) and Cathy & Greg (30 years this Monday, June 13). Bob and Debbie celebrated with Rachel in Hawaii earlier this spring, and my sister and brother-in-law and their 3 kids left today for Hawaii. I am excited to see pictures from this beautiful island. :)
On a side note to my family..."Osty" has been my nickname since the first year that I moved here. It was given to me by a fellow colleague, and it just stuck with my co-workers. To my friends..."Lulu" has been my nickname since I was little. It was given to me by my sister and used A LOT by my nieces and nephews. Besides my family, Darrell is the only one that gets to call me that. :)
Tonight I'd like to end my blog with some words in the anniversary card that Darrell gave me today..."What we have is solid, satisfying, and strong. It's closeness with friends. It's doing things as a family. It's finding a little haven of time for just the two of us. What we have is a beautiful life together."





No comments:
Post a Comment