Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kite Flying & Gymnastics with Megann and Mathieu as Gepetto

Who is driving this thing, anyway??!!


      It's been a long time since I sat in one of these, so I decided to join Mathieu and Megann at Pine Meadow's playground for some play time and kite flying.


GREAT Theater presents....Pinocchio

     Mathieu had the part of playing Gepetto who, of course, created a wooden marionette called Pinocchio.  Here he is in the red shirt, black hat, and black pants (sitting next to his pal, Pinocchio).


     Here is the entire cast of Pinocchio put on by GREAT Theatre Summer Camp.  It was fun to be part of his week at theater summer camp last week.  I was his "chauffeur" throughout the week and then was invited to the live performance.  It was great to see so many kids in one performance and so many excited parents.  The GREAT Theater instructors were very energetic and passionate about their jobs.

Megann doing some fabulous coloring while she waits for her gymnastics class to begin

Megann and me

     Here are a couple of pictures of Megann getting ready for the balance beam and high bars.  She is a great gymnast for her age!!


     After two hours of gymnastics, she was one hungry girl!!  She wanted to go to McDonald's, so who was I to complain?  It was a beautiful afternoon, so she enjoyed her lunch outside while I enjoyed a nice cold sweet tea (my favorite).  Now she goes back to "school" as she calls it for rest time, and then she has swimming lessons followed by T-ball this evening.  WOW!!  She is one busy girl. :)
     It makes me think about the days when Michael and Danielle were young; I really miss those days as the time really does just fly by!!!  Though, it is fun to have kids like Mathieu, Megann, and Luke in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment