Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Ode to Nashville"

     Since I have started my blog, I have been going through a lot of pictures.  One of the best vacations that I have ever had was when all of the kids and grandkids gave my parents a trip to Nashville, Tennessee and the Grand Ole Opry House for their 50th wedding anniversary.  It was a trip of a lifetime for them as they are huge country western fans.  Bob, Debbie, Eric, Rachel, Darrell, and I accompanied my parents and had a blast!!  Darrell and I went a few days early to take in some extra sightseeing (The Hermitage: Home of Andrew Jackson, Belle Meade Plantation, Tennessee Titans stadium, etc...).  We had such a blast and shared so many laughs as a group.  I thought that I would share some of our memories from that vacation. :0)

All of us gathered outside of the Grand Ole Opry

     Mom and Dad when they first arrived at the Opry.  I still remember my mom and I looking at the entrance while waiting for the others to park the car.  She held my hand and said, "I have waited my whole life for this."  It was an incredible moment between mother and daughter and still gives me the goose bumps when I think about it.

 
   Brad Paisley was amazing!! My brother also got us awesome tickets, so we were very close to the stage and right in the middle of the aisle for a perfect view!!  I didn't even have to move to get this great picture of him and his fantastic guitar skills!!

     This is a picture of my mom's favorite, Little Jimmy Dickens.  He was probably the sole musician she really wanted to see on the Grand Ole Opry stage!!

The boys

A group shot of us at Macaroni Grill...yum!!

     My mom and I enjoying a peach bellini.  It wasn't too sweet; we were just laughing (as usual). :0)

Mom and Dad at the Gaylord Opryland Resort

     Bob, Debbie, Rach, and Eric on the steamboat trying to catch a breeze.  It was such a hot and humid night!!

     Mom in all her glory standing next to Little Jimmy's placard at the Country Hall of Fame & Museum...isn't she cute?!! :0)

     Here is the Andrew Jackson Steamboat that we went on to tour the Cumberland River.  It was so much fun!!

     Debbie and Rach enjoying each other's company, and Rachel and I enjoying a VERY expensive fruity drink.  Remember that, Rach??!!

One of my all-time favorite pictures of my parents and me :)

                                  The girls :)                  A very tired crew due to the heat

The view of Nashville from the steamboat later on that evening

     We ended our trip with a night at the Ryman Auditorium.  Marty Stewart and the bluegrass music were awesome!!!  This was one trip that I will ALWAYS remember. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment